Online Giving FAQ
- Is giving online safe and secure?
- Do I pay any fees for giving online?
- Can I use a credit card? Or is checking account preferred?
- What funds can I give to online?
- What giving management system does Church in the Valley use?
- How do I create a username and password?
- Can I give online without a username or password?
- How will I know that I set up my gift correctly?
- When will contributions be taken from my account?
- Can I stop automatic payments later on if I need to?
- Can I review my donation history online?
- Will I still receive regular contribution statements?
- How can I learn more about financial stewardship and giving?
Absolutely. Our transaction processing uses industry-standard encryption technology. Payment information is TLS encrypted and stored at Stripe - a Level 1 PCI compliant payment processor. Bank verification powered by Plaid.
No. You will not pay any fees with an online gift.
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card payment for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- With electronic funds transfer from your checking account, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.
- General Fund: The operating expenses of Church in the Valley’s ministry comes out of this fund and 10% of this fund goes to Missions.
- Designated Giving: Gifts to this fund can be designated for specific purposes.
Church in the Valley uses Planning Center, which provides a secure system for managing online giving. Through our site at civalhambra.churchcenter.com, you’ll be able to set up recurring donations and view your previous giving history.
- Click “Log in” in the upper right corner dropdown menu to be directed to the account creation page.
- Enter your mobile phone number or e-mail address and click “Next”
- You will receive a six-digit verification code by text message or email. Enter the code.
- You will then be able to login to an existing account or create a new account.
- Once logged in, go to the “Donate” page to give a one-time gift or a recurring gift using your checking account or a credit card.
Yes. When you click on the Give Online button, you will see the option to give in the center of the webpage. This is a public gift option that does not require a username/password. Please be advised this option does not allow you to save your payment information. To set up a recurring gift and save your settinngs, you will need to create a login account.
Immediately after submitting your giving contribution, you will receive an e-mail verifying your gift.
Giving contributions will be taken from your specified bank account within 48 business hours of the date you requested. This allows time for the contribution to be processed through both your bank and the church’s bank. If the date of your contribution falls on a weekend or a holiday, the transaction will be initiated on the next banking day.
Yes. In fact, once your online account has been connected with your previous giving information, you will be able to view your complete giving history (including offline gifts) at any time.
Yes. Church in the Valley will continue to send year-end contribution statements to your address on file for tax purposes.
The following resources are great places to start:
- God and Money by Crown Financial Ministries
- Seven Baby Steps to Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey
- Making Financial Decisions by Crown Financial Ministries
- Plans and Goals by Crown Financial Ministries
- The Truths About Budgeting by Dave Ramsey
- How to Control Your Spending by Crown Financial Ministries
- Common Errors and Expenses that Lead to Debt by Crown Financial Ministries
- Finding Financial Freedom by Crown Financial Ministries